Bryan Thompson


Bryan Lamonte Thompson



I went to high school with Bryan and we were good friends through high school and into college at Purdue. Bryan always had a smile on his face, an encouraging word, and a warm hug. So thankful he loved the Lord and he is in a much better place. (Linda Mercer Mennear )

I will surely miss you my cousin! I remember when I was living with you in Forest Park, we stayed on punishment. We were good kids , I thought, but we stayed more on punishment than off! I remember us loving to swim, only I didn't know how to and you were a pro. I jumped in the deep end of the pool and couldn't get up out of the water, you being my little brother, jumped in and tried to save me...but while you were trying to save me I was panicking and almost drowned you instead. The lifeguard jumped in and had to save the both of us.... I felt so bad that after the lifeguard scolded me, telling me not to go in the deep end until I showed her I could swim, you spent your summer teaching me how to swim. I can proudly say I swim like a fish...thanks to you! I am proud of your accomplishments and hope you lived your life to the fullest! No more suffering, no more pain, you have earned your wings young man, may you Rest In Peace!! Meatball   (Carmita Jo Duke)

Bryan, Larry, LaVerne and Brandon moved in next door in West Lafayette -- Bryan was always proud to wear his Brown and Orange Bowling Green State University Jacket that was part of his family's journey before they became Boilermakers. Bryan was always upbeat and we had a fun Bball games on the hoop between our houses as well as throwing around the football. It was the time of life where we would play for hours and imagine you were World (Lloyd B) Free launching up balls from the corner of the driveway praying it would be nothing but net. Your could always tell when Bryan was coming - not by his gait which was his own - but more by his laughter that preceded his arrival. I cannot remember all the things he loved but I do remember sharing his passion for Parliament-Funkadelic (George Clinton) which I have played youtube videos for my kids. Thank you Larry and LaVerne for sharing Bryan with us. The Tuites   (paul tuite)

My son Bryan Lamonte Thompson Was a Good Man… And, I feel fortunate and BLESSED to have been a part of his life and development into being a man of God, and educated man, a loving husband, a dedicated father, and a fighter until the end… LaVerne and I met at Miami University and moved in together in 1971… Bryan was 8 years old when LaVerne and I married in 1973; I adopted Bryan and he has made me so proud! You see I was paying it forward because I was adopted at just about the same age and became a Thompson… Bryan was A Baller… I was a football guy at Miami and went on to coach high school and college. But, the very first football team I coached was Bryan’s flag football team that fall in 1971. He was the star half-back on the team. Basketball would eventually be his real love and he was the star on his high school basketball team in West Lafayette, Indiana. We were at Purdue University LaVerne and I separated and divorced in 1982… That was the biggest mistake of my life… Bryan and LaVerne went on to get degrees from Purdue; Bryan his Bachelor’s degree and LaVerne her Master’s degree… That was 1986… Bryan would go on later to get his master’s degree in business… We got the family back together in South Carolina in 1987 trying to make it work, but split up for good in 1990 But, people… through all of that family turmoil and disruptions – Bryan never went off the rail… I never had to discipline Bryan about anything! We always kept the lines of communication open… I was his father… He called me Dad… We’re gonna miss you Bryan, but we are comforted knowing that God welcomed you into heaven… And, we look forward to communing with you again one of these days… In the name of the Lord Our God… Thank You, (Larry A. Thompson)

His Journey has just begun. Don't think of him as gone away, his journey's just begun, life hold so many facets, this earth is only one. Just think of him as resting from the sorrows and the tears in a place of warmth and comfort where there are no days and years. Think how he must be wishing that we could know today, how nothing but our sadness can really pass away. And think of him as living in the hearts of those he touched. For nothing loved is ever lost and he was loved so much. May you rest in heaven Mr. Bryan Thompson you will truly be missed. ~Tamara Cherry~ 

Note: Died: 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment