Donn Miles









Donn K. Miles

In October of 2014 I was told I was about to embark on a 'JOURNEY.' As I prepared for this journey, I learned many things about life and myself. As my loving wife of 32 years, Natalie Mascari Miles reminded me, I had been given a special gift. Time to prepare for my final destination, what baggage to bring or not bring (definitely no need for shampoo or sunscreen!) As you read this, you know I have reached that destination and I was embraced by Our Heavenly Father on June 17, 2015.

I was born on May 29, 1942 in Waveland, IN. At a young age I was adopted by my loving parents Norman and Mary Kritz Miles who preceded me in death. I graduated from West Lafayette High School and attended Indiana State University. I proudly served in the U.S. Navy from 1961 to 1965. I was married to Margaret Jones and together we had three children, my angel in heaven, baby Rodney, my loving daughters, Kelly Miles and grandson Miles Van Matre of Tacoma, WA, Kimberly Carmony, husband Dave and grandchildren Caitlyn and Seth Carmony of Nineveh, IN.

My curious nature and love of people led me to a lifelong employment in the world of sales. I sold everything from corn dryers to roofing to my favorite -cars. The auto world called to me again in my retirement years as I proudly drove that "Big Black Van" for Lewis Motor Sales.

I enjoyed many hobbies including motorcycling and snowmobiling in my younger years. As I mellowed with age these were replaced with woodworking, gardening, reading and following those Boilermakers. For those who really knew me, know that I never met a groundhog or prairie dog I liked!

My journey thru this great life was enhanced and shared by my loving wife Natalie. Little did I know the joy of marrying into an Italian Clan. Needless to say I ate well! I had the joy of mentoring many nieces and nephews and my special sister-in-law Marie Ann Mascari. I have lived long enough to see the fruits of my labor well rewarded. I am survived by many siblings and half siblings of my own. My special thanks to my sisters, Sheron, Saundra and Cheetra and brother Paul for their caring support and prayers. To Tony Gascho, I can only say I was truly blessed to have you as my best friend.

To all my friends, co-workers, former classmates and family who prayed for me and offered support to my family, I offer back to you God's greatest prayer which is Gratitude. Be thankful every day for your blessings. I offered my prayers of gratitude as a member of St Ann's Catholic Church in Lafayette, IN and Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Indianapolis, IN.

My visitation will be Sunday, June 21 from 4-8 pm at Soller-Baker Lafayette Chapel, 400 Twyckenham Blvd., Lafayette, IN 47909. I will be returned to my Heavenly Father with a Mass of Christian Burial on Tuesday, June 23 at 11 am at Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 520 Stevens St., Indianapolis, IN 46203. Interment will follow at Calvary Cemetery in Indianapolis.

In the words of a very special friend and something I came to believe in is that "Providence never fails!"

Memorial contributions may be made to the St Matthew 25 Care & Share Soup Kitchen, 612 Wabash Ave., Lafayette, IN 47905 and Catholic Youth Organization CYO of Indianapolis, 520 Stevens St., Indianapolis, IN 46203


PLEASE - If you knew this classmate write memories to share with others as a "comment" below.  Thank you!   ("Comment as Anonymous" is the simple way to do this.  You can share your name, if you wish to, at the end of what you write.)

No comments:

Post a Comment