Russ Heasty




 

Alfred Russell Heasty, Jr.

Alfred Russell Heasty, Jr., 65, of Lafayette, passed away on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at Rosewalk Village. Born July 13, 1948 in Holland, MI, married Romona Abshire Aug. 25, 1983, divorced 2005; he was the son of the late Alfred Russell and Audrey Fern (Christy) Heasty. He honorably served in the U.S. Navy. 

Alfred retired from the U.S. Post Office after 30 years. He enjoyed leather working and watching movies. 

Surviving are his siblings, Paul Heasty (wife, Susan) of Lafayette, Rita Chee of Portland, OR, Dennis Heasty (wife, Char) of Summerfield, FL, Dona Brown of Bloomington, IN, and James Biel, of Austin, TX. He was preceded in death by a sister, Patricia Heasty. 

Thoughts of my oldest nephew from my oldest sister by Elinore Rodgers. Russ has a special energy delivered with a wide beautiful smile which meant to me to be truly caring and giving. He demonstrated it in many aspects of his life. Such a fixer from a light bulb to electronics delivered with a reserve of faith. He depended on his heavenly father.

Thoughts of my oldest brother from the youngest. My big brother was a giant in stature and he was caring, lovable, and humble. In a way, I wish he could have been closer to my boys, to this day they always ask about him.

I thank God for my big brother Russ, he always protected me from my other big brother.
Private family service. Hippensteel Funeral Home is entrusted with care. 

PLEASE - Share your memories of this classmate on this page by writing a "comment" below.  Thank you!   ("Comment as Anonymous" is the simple way to do this.  You can share your name, if  you wish to, at the end of what you write.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment